Eliminate Tattoo Removal
Service – Eliminate Tattoo Removal
Eliminate Tattoo Removal is dedicated to the process of seeing your tattoo removed. We appreciate each one of our patients and want you to be happy with the results of your laser tattoo removal treatments. We want to eliminate any tattoo or tattoos you no longer want. There are many variables which determine how many treatments it may take to remove a tattoo with a laser. They are all unique and we always recommend you come into our office for a free consultation about the removal process. In the consultation, we will look at your tattoo and what it will take to remove it with a laser. We are very thorough with explaining the removal process, and want you to fully understand how we treat our patients.
We want you to feel comfortable by understanding the process. Eliminate Tattoo Removal's method applies the most advanced and medically proven method of safe laser removal. Eliminate Tattoo Removal only uses FDA approved lasers.
What to expect post-op:
- Avoid the sun for 2 months after the laser tattoo removal procedure. If it is necessary to be in the sun, a sunscreen with SPF 25 or greater must be used.
- With each laser tattoo removal treatment some redness, bruising, swelling, blistering and crusting is common. The area treated will remain sensitive for several hours after treatment. If blisters, crusts or scabs occur, this can last for 1-2 weeks. Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become abraded, as this may result in infection and scarring. Complete healing is usually seen by 6-8 weeks.
- Apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser treatment. This may provide some relief if the area is uncomfortable and will reduce inflammation. Plain Tylenol is usually all that is needed for discomfort (avoid aspirin).
- Some swelling and redness around the treated area may be expected. If the area looks infected (thick honey colored crust and oozing, or spreading redness), you experience unusual discomfort or bleeding, or your temperature becomes elevated, you will need to contact your medical provider.
- After a laser tattoo removal treatment a sterile dressing will be applied. Keep this covered for 24 hours, then begin cleaning the treated area daily with a mild soap and water. Gently pat the treated area dry. You may apply a thin coating of antibiotic ointment up to three times a day for 3 days while the area is healing and you should keep the area covered with a sterile dressing for those 3 days or until healed.
- Do not apply makeup or any cream for at least 72 hours after the laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Itching is very common due to the dehydrating effect of the laser treatment. You can use Aquaporin or vitamin E ointment to keep the treatment area moisturized.
- Feel free to shower 2 hours after the laser tattoo removal treatment, but take care to avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pool, or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed, as they may increase the risk of infection.
- If you have any extreme reaction, seek immediate medical attention.