15 - 30 minutes, depends on tattoo location and size, treatment time in as little as 20 seconds.
Minor warmth & stinging - depends on tattoo location & color.
3 weeks minimal sun exposure.
Minor warmth after procedure. See Service Summary below for detailed description.
The PiQo4 treats a wide range of pigment colors and its versatile energy matrix ensures effective shattering of pigment deposits. It also has the largest spot size of any laser tattoo removal system, which allows faster treatments. PiQo4's ability to treat a wide variety of skin conditions, including tattoo removal, provides the best solution to removing your unwanted tattoos.
The PiQo4 brings unique technology with combination of unsurpassed advantages:
Clinical studies have shown that the optimal method for shattering pigment particles is to treat them with both Nano and Picosecond laser pulses.
First, the Nanosecond pulses are used to deliver short bursts of energy that break down the larger and deeper pigment or ink particles. Then, the area is rescanned with Picosecond pulses that dismantle the smaller and shallower particles. This combination yields far better results than using either one of the technologies on its own.
Very short laser pulses are absorbed into the target areas of the skin causing the conversion of light energy into acoustic waves that shatter the ink/pigment granules in a process that is fast and effective.The high energy levels of PiQo4 allow pigment/tattoo removal with fewer treatments compared with other competing laser systems. PiQo4 provides up to 10 times more energy for both 1064nm and 532nm (650mJ & 325mJ respectively) wavelengths. They can be set as either Nano or Pico, making them suitable for use with both, for dual pulse treatments.
With PiQo4, your customers will appreciate the faster treatment results with shorter treatment sessions. PiQo4 offers up to 15 spot sizes, ranging from 2mm to 15mm, the largest uniform spot size in today's aesthetics industry and almost four times larger than that of the closest competitor.PiQo4's larger spot sizes allow deeper maintenance of penetration into the dermis and better dispersal of the pigment or embedded ink particles. Studies have demonstrated that treatment with a large spot size at low fluences significantly decreases any occurrence of blistering, discoloration or scarring* on the skin's surface, since the energy is being spread over a wider area.
Since each pigment color absorbs a specific wavelength, PiQo4 offers 4 wavelengths in order to treat the broadest range of pigment/tattoo colors, on the widest range of skin types. Its four wavelengths - 1064nm, 532nm, 650nm and 585nm - target 9 of the most frequently used tattoo colors ranging from light orange to dark black. With PiQo4 you can erase the rainbow.
- Avoid the sun for 2 weeks after the laser tattoo removal procedure. If it is necessary to be in the sun, a sunscreen with SPF 50 or greater must be used.
- With each laser tattoo removal treatment some redness, bruising, swelling, blistering and crusting is common. The area treated will remain sensitive for several hours after treatment. If blisters, crusts or scabs occur, this can last for 1-2 weeks. Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become abraded, as this may result in infection and scarring. Complete healing is usually seen by 6-8 weeks.
- Apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser treatment. This may provide some relief if the area is uncomfortable and will reduce inflammation. Plain Tylenol is usually all that is needed for discomfort (avoid aspirin).
- Some swelling and redness around the treated area may be expected. If the area looks infected (thick honey colored crust and oozing, or spreading redness), you experience unusual discomfort or bleeding, or your temperature becomes elevated, you will need to contact your medical provider.
- After a laser tattoo removal treatment a sterile dressing will be applied. Keep this covered for 24 hours, then begin cleaning the treated area daily with a mild soap and water. Gently pat the treated area dry. You may apply a thin coating of antibiotic ointment up to three times a day for 3 days while the area is healing and you should keep the area covered with a sterile dressing for those 3 days or until healed.
- Do not apply makeup or any cream for at least 48 hours after the laser tattoo removal treatment.
- Itching is very common due to the dehydrating effect of the laser treatment. You can use Aquaphor or Vitamin E ointment to keep the treatment area moisturized.
- Feel free to shower 2 hours after the laser tattoo removal treatment, but take care to avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pool, or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed, as they may increase the risk of infection.
- If you have any extreme reaction, seek immediate medical attention.